Because of our own personal sin – each of us is separated from God! Lost! Deserving only of God’s wrath!
The good news is that God has a plan to save you! The plan included a Savior – Jesus, the Christ! He emptied Himself of all the glories of heaven and became a man. And even though He never sinned, He paid the price for sin when He was crucified on a Roman cross! But death could not hold Him. On the third day, He came out of the tomb alive – and God exalted Him with the Name that is above every other name!
But the choice to accept this free gift of God is our’s to make! We accept this plan, by obeying God’s plan!
Once we HEAR the good news about Jesus; we BELIEVE it! Because we believe it, we understand that Jesus suffered for us! So we REPENT, or turn, from our sins! More than sorrow – but a change of the mind; a change of the will. And we are more than willing to CONFESS Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the Living God! And upon confessing, what hinders us from being IMMERSED? Immersed into Christ, for the forgiveness of our sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit! And because God so graciously, freely forgives us, it is our desire to be FAITHFUL to Him the rest of our life!
Some Scriptures for you to look up:
- Hear God’s Word
- Matthew 7:24; I Corinthians 15:1-4
- Believe God’s Word (have faith in it)
- Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:1
- Repent (turning away from sin unto God)
- Luke 13:3; Acts 17:30
- Confess Jesus Christ as the Christ, the Son of the living God
- Matthew 10:32, 16:16; Romans 10:8-13
- Be immersed into Christ for the forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit
- Acts 2:38, 22:16; Romans 6:3-6; Galatians 3:27; I Peter 3:21
- Live the Christian life showing love and gratitude to God for His salvation, looking forward to His Son’s return
- James 1:22-24, 2:20